- Find out what makes a balanced diet
- Find out about why being clean in the kitchen is important
- Learn about being safe in the kitchen
- Choose three dishes to prepare and cook. At least one dish should be savoury and one should be sweet
You will need help from an adult if you’re using the oven or stove.
Here are some ideas for dishes you could prepare:
- For the sweet dish, you could make fruit salad, a strawberry smoothie, chocolate crispy cakes, corn flake cakes, high energy snack bars, homemade muesli or flapjacks
- For the savoury dish you could try omelette, mini pitta bread pizzas, meat kebabs or cheese and ham toasties
If you’re cooking at home take photos and bring them to your meeting.