Disability awareness – do one of these:
- Explain what a disability is.
- Find out about a Paralympian and their sport. Tell a story about their achievements.
- Visit an activity centre or playground for people with disabilities.
- Talk about how your meeting place could be made better so that everyone can take part.
- Make a poster that tells others about a disability. Choose something that’s not mentioned later, in numbers 2, 3 or 4
Physical disability awareness – do one of these:
- Show how to safely push a wheelchair.
- Talk about an aid that can help a disabled person. It could be a type of wheelchair, computer, grabber or rising chair.
- Play a game where you can only sit down or use one hand. Goalball is one game you could try
Deaf awareness – do one of these:
- Learn how to fingerspell your name.
- Learn the Promise in British Sign Language.
- Explain what hearing dogs for deaf people do. Why are they helpful?
- Play a game without using sound
Sight awareness – do one of these:
- Talk about what guide dogs for blind people do
- Guide a blindfolded Beaver through a game or assault course.
- Play blind football or another blindfolded game