These badge requirements were updated on 26 January 2018. The previous badge requirements can still be used until 31 January 2019, to allow for transition where necessary.
- Make a list of at least six books you have read or used recently. Books you have read on an e-reader count too.
- Name the authors of your books. Tell your leader or other Cubs something about three of your books. At least one book should be fiction and one should be non-fiction.
- Show that you know how to care for your books and know the benefits a library can bring to people who enjoy reading.
- Show that you can use a dictionary and a thesaurus.
- Write a review of your favourite book and share it with your Sixer, an Explorer Scout Young Leader or your Cub Leader.
Completing the Summer Reading Challenge can count towards achieving this badge.
For showing that you can use a dictionary or thesaurus, the use of visual/pictorial, verbal, printed or online versions is acceptable.