- Learn how to separate recyclable and non-recyclable rubbish ready for
- collection. Find out where to take recyclable items that cannot be collected with your normal rubbish.
- Find out how to reduce the energy and water you use in your home. Show how you have encouraged your family to reduce water and energy use over four weeks.
- Find out about one type of renewable energy. Talk to your leader about the advantages and disadvantages of the technology.
Take part in two projects with a group of other people. You could:
- clear a ditch, pond or creek
- make, set up and look after a bird feeder, table, nesting box or bath
- look after a piece of land or a garden
- tidy up a piece of wasteland
- take part in an anti-litter campaign
- plant a tree or shrub
- look after a compost bin.
For number two, you could use a smart meter to track the change in your home energy use.