Identify and organise a fundraising initiative for one of the following:
- The Scout Association, to help promote and grow your local Scout group, Scouting nationally or both.
- Another UK registered charity of your choice.
- Find a compelling message – a short reason you can communicate to potential donors about your chosen cause. It must be inspiring and clear in order to raise the most money.
- Use social media to promote your fundraising initiative.
- Set a fundraising target and a date to raise it by. We suggest a minimum of £500.
- Call on others to help you and form a fundraising team. Motivate and inspire them to encourage others to donate.
Prepare a short presentation about your fundraising challenge and submit it to the members of your local Executive Committee or your leader, covering:
- the cost versus the amount raised
- how you used social media and reached outside your own immediate network to garner support
- three top tips that could help other fundraisers.
You can choose from a wide range of fundraising activities, such as:
- an organised challenge event like the Virgin London Marathon, Nova Swim Series or a trek or a challenge you have set and organised yourself
- an event that you organise for others, such as a fete, food event or car wash
- a specific fundraising appeal for your local group for things like new equipment or roof repair.