- Plan a menu for a weekend event for between four and six people.
- Include the quantities you’ll need and any dietary needs of the group for cultural, religious or medical reasons.
- Show how and where to shop for the food and the best way to transport it.
- Show how to store food properly, hygienically and in ways that prevent food poisoning. Explain what you might need to consider if you’re using an indoor kitchen or a camp kitchen.
- Cook and serve at least one of the meals from your menu. The meal must be at least two courses and can be prepared on an open fire on
- camp or in a kitchen.
- Demonstrate the best way to clear up afterwards. Clearing up should include washing up utensils, pots and pans, disposing of rubbish and leftover food in a way that prevents vermin or disease.
You can gain the Chef badge twice, once by completing the steps using an indoor kitchen and once for outdoors.
- You can complete the steps using an indoor kitchen or outdoor cooking. You can use a gas or wood fire outdoors.
- You can gain the Chef badge twice, once by completing the steps using an indoor kitchen and once for outdoors