- Learn the safety rules, capsize drill and the water buddy system.
- Learn the procedures for loading, numbering off, stopping, bracing the boat, forward and backward paddling.
- Learn the instructions and commands issued by The Dragon Boat Racing Association.
- Carry out practice training sessions for a minimum of two hours. Practice a race over a distance of at least 250 metres.
- Take part in a competitive or timed dragon boat event over a course of at least 250 metres.
You can use a bell boat.
**Young people must check and comply with the activity rules in chapter nine of the Policy, Organisation and Rules and the Adventurous Activity Permit Scheme. **